Friday 21 June 2013

The Invasion of The Crop Top


Anyone else suddenly feeling a little bloated? A bit podgy? Thinking of cutting back on your sweets? Yeah...me too. I reckon it's all down to the rise of the T-shirt hemline from a sensible hip level to dangerous below bosom heights! The crop is here. And I fear it may be here to stay.

Oh I'm just bitter. The crop looks damn good on most of the ladies out there! In fact, they have done for decades, it's a fashion item that just keeps coming back to the catwalks and this time I blame the likes of Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton and Prada.



We've seen this style of top from the 1940s worn with with high waisted palazzo pants as worn by the gorgeous lady below on the left, through to the 1960s and the high necked, sleeveless styles seen on the right styled with monochrome high waisted shorts. A gorgeous 1960s sewing pattern and lastly, Kelly from Saved By The Bell showing us how the 80s and 90s chose to resurrect the crop!









Here are our picks of the best vintage, vintage repro and high street crops out there. 


Gypsy Crop from Vivien of Holloway
50s 2 piece from Hell Bunny
60s inspired crochet Topshop
90s cool Motel
Denim to go with everything Beyond Retro
More retro 2 pieces Hell Bunny


xxx

2 comments:

  1. I was eating 3 kinds of ice cream while reading this post. I have no desire to wear one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good motivation to start getting in to shape I suppose!

    charlotte x
    www.sewmuchvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete