Monday 24 September 2012

Leicester Vintage Fair

 Our venue for the Leicester vintage fair is one of our favourites, Leicester Cathedral. And though they've just found Richard the 3rd round the corner, he didn't think to show up himself, rude.


 As usual, we had a cracking collection of retro and vintage clothing and accessories on offer, a vintage tea party and and a nostalgic playlist to match.

My pick of the day from this fair had to be this tempting box of Mary Quant stockings, I love the parrot so very much and for £3 - bargain.


Prints are going nowhere, are they? Mary Katrantzou, Preen and Erdem are all still churning out graphic rainbows, pretty florals and kooky photographic patterns so it's no wonder I'm still drawn to the fabulous prints at our fairs.That shirt in the top right from Marney's vintage was very nearly in my wardrobe...



Now it's turning dark at what seems like 2pm, I can't help but think about winter and all of the jazzy, glitzy party outfits I'll be keeping an eye out for, I'm a massive magpie. Sequins are slowly starting to make a bit of a stir at our fairs but mostly I keep getting distracted by all the jewellry. That statement collar is just beautiful and I've never seen anything quite like it.


I didn't think we'd get much better for bags than at the Nottingham Vintage Fair, well I was wrong! These leather box bags are all "I wish" worthy. And who doesn't love a bit of vintage Moschino?


It's a double whammy this coming weekend starting in our homeland of Sheffield at The Town hall this Saturday 29th September and keeping it strong and northern with The York Vintage Fair on the 30th.

Have you entered our giveaway yet? ENTER HERE THEN YOU SILLY THING!
Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment