Wednesday 23 January 2013

Vintage Is Driving Me Up The Walls


Not really! Well, it's driving me to look at wallpaper...not quite the same. I've just bought a set of old wooden drawers that I intend to decorate in vintage or vintage influenced wallpaper. It's all well and good painting old wood, but papering them will make even more of a statement! But of course, you can stick the stuff on your walls too...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I've tried to find an array of styles to suit all tastes and budgets, but if you think I've missed something really special then please share a link to it below! I'm a fan of a statement wall in a living room or bedroom, but sadly, I'm renting and I have little to no decorative control. Boo and hiss.




eBay is a great place for bargains, so if you're on a budget I would head over here. This print is available in three colours and only £8.99 a roll, nifty.


Not On The High Street is home to a tonne of kitsch wallpapers. This 50s housewife monochrome print is kooky cool. Also comes in a whole range of products and home furnishings.


Going subtle and traditional? Laura Ashley is fabulous. The sale is still currently on so many of the prints are under £16 a roll. This is my favourite print and it is produced in a range of colours. 




Wallpaper Direct is crammed full of wallpaper, as you would expect by the name. In the same vein as the previous Laura Ashley print this dusky pink is a great alternative to the brighter florals that are everywhere at the moment. Having said that, I love this clashing pink and yellow floral design too!



The Vintage Galaxy is a new find for me! Boy oh boy, it's a find. Genuine unused rolls of wallpaper from the 50s onwards. This childrens' bedroom paper is so cute and to say it's decades old is only £25 per roll, definitely worth it.



Cath Kidston are the obvious go to for kitsch patterns and this circus print is no different. For kids bedrooms and grown ups rooms alike! £25 per roll.



William Morris is THE name in wallpaper design. A classic designer who won't suit all tastes, in fact it took a lot of umming and ahhing for me to decide on a pattern I wanted to share with you, but since I'm a sucker for birds, it had to be "trellis" at £49.95 per roll. 



Sticking with the famous names, Orla Kiely at John Lewis echoes the 70s with this famous print. Great for a feature wall and available in a range of different colours. £49 per roll. 


If you're not in the decorating mood, maybe you don't have time well pop on over to
 Not On The High Street where you'll be astounded at just how many wall stickers there are! My goodness I struggled to whittle it down to just three examples for you. Some are not quite as...stylish as others (!) but they're a much more affordable way of creating a statement in your home. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any incredible wallpapered walls to share with us? Gimme! pop an e-mail to blog@thevintagefair.com or leave a comment on our facebook or below. What can I say, I'm just nosey!

Love Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment