Rita Hayworth, Dita Von Teese and Marion Davies. Three vintage sirens from three very different era, but all three ladies have the deep and gothic bold lip in common. I'm a big red lip fan, but going one shade darker will add something slightly mysterious to your vintage outfit, just in time for Halloween.
It's a very intense look, but whether you're very fair, olive, or dark skinned there is a berry shade for you. These are our top three shades. MAC in Cunning (£14), YSL in Rouge Volupte (£23.50) and Topshop in Wicked (£9).
The How To:
- Choose a liner that matches the lipstick you are using. Outline your lips, defining the cupids' bow just like Marion from the 20s, then fill your lips with the pencil.
- Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick, then blot with a tissue.
- Repeat the application of the lipstick for a really intense look.
- Add a lip gloss if you want a wet look shine, or keep matte.
- Remember to keep your eyes simple with just a slick of mascara so that your lips are the statement of your look.
Are you going to vamp it up this season?
p.s Rooney Mara shows us how it's done...